Training, Supervision and Consultations
I provide training in Clinical Hypnosis to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other qualified licensed mental health providers. As an Approved Consultant with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, I offer 20 hours of personalized training through a Learning Contract, which is the concluding requirement for ASCH Certification in Clinical Hypnosis.
I offer ongoing supervision to clinicians on psychotherapy cases drawing from various treatment modalities and schools of thought. These include the following:
- Phase-Oriented Treatment of Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders and Dissociative Identity Disorder.
- Existential Analysis and Phenomenologically-Informed Psychotherapy drawing on the philosophies of Edmund Husserl, Martin Heidegger, Maurice Merleau-Ponty, J.P Sartre, Emmanuel Levinas, Evan Thompson, and clinicians such as Ludwig Binswanger, Medard Boss, Ernest Keen, Rollo May, Daniel Stern, R.D. Laing and Eugene Gendlin. Within this fully integrated mind/body framework I incorporate the current thinking in relational psychoanalysis, attachment theory, and cutting edge findings in affective neuroscience.
- Brief Treatment Strategies drawing from the work of Change Theorists such as Milton Erickson, Paul Watzlawick, and John Weakland.
- Structural, Strategic, and Paradoxical approaches to Family Therapy drawing on the work of Salvatore Minuchin, Jay Haley, Carl Whitaker, and Mara Selvini Palazzoli.
- Dissociative Disorder Study Group for qualified clinicians
I accept requests from psychiatrists, psychologists, and other licensed clinicians to consult on cases of significant difficulty and confusion, particularly as regards possible trauma-related symptoms and the suspicion of dissociative processes.